Mahima Chaudhary is a renowned Indian movie actress as well as a former model predominantly appears in Bollywood movies. After conquering Miss India title in 1990, Mahima did a number of modeling projects and starred in numerous TV commercials prior entering into movies. She has received a Filmfare Award amongst other honors.
In the year 1997, Mahima Chaudhary made her first acting debut with the movie Pardes, for which she received Filmfare Award for the Best Female Debut. She rose to utmost fame by appearing in commercially and critically successful movies comprising off Dhadkan, Daag, Dil Hai Tumhaara, Baghban, Kurukshetra amongst others and won critical admiration for her remarkable acting in Lajja, Dil Kya Kare, Dobara, Saaya, Sehar and Pyar Koi Khel Nahin. In 2008, after starring in Gumnaam, she took an interval from acting and once again made a comeback with the movie Dark Chocolate.
Apart from appearing in movies, Mahima Chaudhary has partaken in numerous stage shows and concert tours, and performed as a talented judge for 2014’s reality show titled Ticket To Bollywood.
May You Like Sridevi Biography, Facts & Life Story.
Mahima was married to a successful businessman named Bobby Mukherjee and the couple was blessed with a daughter. In the year 2013, she separated from Mukherji on account of some personal concerns.
Mahima Chaudhary was born in Darjeeling, India on September 13, 1973. She joined Dow Hill in Kurseong till class 10 and afterwards attended Loreto College in Darjeeling. Firstly in 1990s, after conquering Miss India titled, she starred in television ads, of which the most renowned was for Pepsi, with Aishwarya Rai and Aamir Khan.
She was a video jockey on music channels, wherein she was observed by Subhash Ghai. He gave her a break in the film titled Pardes, which was released in the year1997. The movie was commercially and critically successful and won a number of awards including Filmfare award for the best debut.
Mahima Chaudhary dated famous Indian tennis player Leander Paes prior she broke up with him on account of his affair with Rhea Pillai.
May You Like Dhanush Biography, Facts & Life Story.
Mahima Chaudhry Career
Known For: Her role as “Ganga” in the film Pardes (1997)
Film– Pardes (1997)
Family & Relatives
Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
Marital Status: Separated
Ex Spouse: Bobby Mukherji (Architect)
Daughter(s): Ariana (Born 2007)
Facts You Never Knew About Mahima Chaudhry!
- Is Mahima Chaudhary addicted to smoking? : Not Known
- Is Mahima Chaudhary alcoholic?: Not Known
- At 24 years of age, she initiated her Bollywood career and received a Filmfare Award for the Best Debut for her movie titled Pardes.
- Prior entering into Bollywood, she appeared for TV commercials and starred with Aishwarya Rai and Amir Khan for Pepsi ad.
- Her stage name was given to her by famous Bollywood director Subhash Ghai as he was credulous that he has been prosperous with the actresses whose names started with letter M. Apart from Mahima Chaudhary, he has also introduced talented and famous actresses like Meenakshi Seshadri, Madhuri Dixit and Manisha Koirala.
- Prior she settled in Delhi and got offer for an advertisement, she had conquered a local modeling competition in Darjeeling.
- She was selected out of 3000 auditions for the character of Ganga in the movie Pardes.
- Mahima’s husband Bobby is best friend of her brother and he divorced his ex-wife once he met Mahima Chaudhary at hotelier’s seminar held in Las Vegas.
You can check further Details here.